About this service offering:
Traverse professionals have proven results in identifying quantitative deal issues while performing accounting and financial due diligence.
Our approach focuses inquiry and analysis on the quality of the company’s earnings. Our scope typically requires we execute a deep dive into the company’s operations and financial position. We typically serve private equity buyers, strategic sellers and lenders. Traverse offers comprehensive due diligence advice and / or a customized approach when evaluating potential investment opportunities. Our team of Transaction Advisory professionals is able to lead and advise on all aspects of the investment cycle, whether a client is looking to acquire a company, sell a business, or obtain additional capital.
The Traverse Transaction Advisory team draws on their extensive experience in order to help clients across a variety of industries gain a better understanding of the value drivers of an opportunity and the associated risk factors. Whether representing buyers, sellers, or lenders, Traverse offers wide-ranging due diligence advice and hands-on support when evaluating a transaction.
Financial Due-Diligence Services
- Your Traverse consultant will develop in depth work plans that are comprehensive; delivering insightful quality of earnings analysis. This process results in purchase price points of negotiation and adjustment.
- Our team is skilled at preparing Quality of Earnings (EBITDA) analysis with each step supported by underlying analysis.
- We provide a detailed review of the balance sheet, focusing on reserves and accruals and liabilities both on and off the balance sheet, as well as the quality of all assets.
- We also analyze the Company’s accounting policies to include appropriateness of revenue recognition, reserves, and cost recognition.
- Buy and Sell side tax due diligence support.
- Transaction structuring and related negotiation, both domestic and cross-border, including high value strategies such as IP migration.
- Purchase/sale agreement negotiation assistance (e.g., stock purchase agreements).
- Tax efficient exit strategy structuring.
- Post-transaction assistance, including executing on deal structure, tax remediation work and other post-transaction tasks such as make-whole computations, transaction cost analysis and filing special tax elections.
- Sell-side due diligence (to include assistance and preparation of management’s adjustments to earnings) and vendor assistance.
- Carve-out and stand-alone analysis.
- Free cash flow reconciliations and cash proofs.
- Quality of net assets, completeness of liabilities.
- Analysis of financial forecasts.
- Purchase agreement support.
- Synergy identification.
- Closing and opening balance sheet compilations.